Change Researcher Details

Changing your researcher details

If your details have changed, you need to apply to change your researcher details.

Required documents

1. Form 3-2: Application to Modify Researcher Details
2. Copy of ID (passport, driver's license or health insurance card)

If you are registering your maiden name as a screen name:

Documentation containing that name (certificate of personal affairs, full certificate of removal from family register, etc.)

Application procedure

2. Fill in the required details and keep a sealed copy
Print out Form 3-2, fill in the items to be changed.
After filling in the form, make a copy to keep.
3. Mail the required documents
Mail the required documents to the following address.
e-Rad Administrator
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
3-2-2 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8959

* The required documents are only accepted by mail. They cannot be submitted in person.

4. Registered data modified
The administrator will modify your registered researcher details. You may be contacted by phone to confirm some details.
5. Notification of modification by email
When the modification is completed, e-Rad will automatically send a notification email.
6. Procedure completed
The procedure for changing your researcher details is now complete.